Poclain provides two freewheeling solutions dedicated for machines that need additional traction when working (off-road mode) but must go faster or be towed when traveling (on-road mode).
Hydraulic freewheeling solution
The VDF freewheeling valve
The freewheeling valve manages the engagement and disengagement of the hydraulic motor.
- Working mode > Engaged motor
- Freewheeling mode > Disengaged motor
Benefits of the hydraulic freewheeling solution
- Additional traction on-demand
- High efficiency with low pressure drop
- Engage/disengage on-the-fly
- Optional functions includes displacement shifting or park brake control
- Compatible with full hydrostatic transmissions and hydrid transmissions
Mechanical freewheeling transmissions
The MS motor with spin free hub
Locking hub is used on AWD machines and allows the front and rear wheels to freewheel in 4x2 configuration.
It is a splin clutch and lock.
A manual selector is used to engage/disengage.